Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Oh no here it comes...

We all have times of the day when we are at our best and  and times when we are not.  For me I am at my best in the morning once I have my coffee in my hand.  This time of year is my favorite because I get up, get my coffee and then spend my morning Jesus time out on our deck.  I love listening to the birds and looking at all the trees.  Now that I have my flower planters full they are my favorite view because each time I look at the vibrant colors, and the intricacy of how they were made I am just in awe of my God and Creator.  It is this time where I am truly at my best.

Yesterday is a great example of not being at my best and just wanting to rewind back to my Jesus time in the morning.  The girls and I had a good day and enjoyed our first day of school outside on the deck since last fall.   We had a wonderful morning and enjoyed spending time reading.  We even ended up playing a game of monopoly after lunch.  However, as dinner time approached it was like the enemy descended on me at once and began hitting me from all sides.  I wish I could say that I handled it like a champ, quoted scripture, kept my cool and stayed in control.  However, that is not what happened sorry to say.  After I asked my youngest to do something twice and both times she said "No I don't want to" it just began to build like a volcano.  I am so tired of raising my voice that I kept it in and finally I erupted.  No it was not pretty and what made it worse was after punishment had been handed out to my youngest she smiled and said "that's OK Mom, I did not want my Ipod this week anyway" and she left smiling.  It was one of those moments as Mom's that if we are not ready the enemy will swoop in and get us.  Boy, did he get me.

This morning as I look back over yesterday I am sad about my reaction but at the same time I am excited.  I am excited that apparently I have found a time during the day where I truly feel in tune with my Lord.  I love how this morning the Lord has soothed my soul, healed my heart and most of all forgiven me for how I reacted yesterday.   He also reminded me how as Mom's there are always time where we want to quit, take a time out or just leave the house even though we know that is not an option.  I found my heart this morning saying the verse, "May the words of my mind and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer."  (Psalm 19:14)

You see as Mom's whether we work, are single, or stay home with our kids we all know that we have taken on a job with no training manual.  We know as Mom's that there will be days we want to quit and times when our spouse comes home and we have nothing but negatives about our days.  Then there are other times when we see our kids sleeping, spend one on one time with them, watch them grow in the Lord and realize that we have the best job in the world!  Are there days I want to quit, absolutely!  Yesterday was one of them, but I will admit that those days are few compared to watching my girls grow and become women of God.

So as Mother's day approaches and you have moments of frustration, anger or depression I want you to remember that we have been gifted and equipped for the job of Mom. We may not feel like it some days but the Lord knew what he was doing we he gave us our kids, so don't get down.  Instead time time to refuel when you are at your best.  For me it may be spend more time with Jesus than I normally do to refuel.  In the end you will find the Lord is waiting to love you, encourage you, heal you and equip you for the day ahead.  Praying you find refreshment and renewal today.

No comments:

Post a Comment