Wednesday, May 21, 2014

How Deep Is My Faith Really?

I was going to write on a different subject this morning until I sat down and read an article I saw on Facebook.  It is about a woman named Ibrahim who lives in Sudan.  She is a Christian who married an American but has been sentenced to death for her Christian beliefs.  You can read the entire article here.

Daniel and Ibrahim Wani

As I sat and read through this article of a Islamic woman who fell in love and started a family but she discovered our Savior.  She discovered the amazing joy it is to give your all to Christ.  Giving her all to Christ may just end up being an true fact.  Ibrahim is 8 months pregnant and has been sentenced to die.  The only reason she is still alive is that the government is waiting for her to give birth to her next child.  When her husband returned to America he was not allowed to take their current child of 18 months because he is a Christian and the government will not allow Christians to raise Islamic children.

This article brought me back to my Pastor's sermon last Sunday when he asked if we were willing to give up our freedom and right to choose to make the gospel known and glorified.  Even as I am typing I keep finding myself praying for this family, praying for a miracle.  Then I find myself asking the question...would I die for my faith?  I mean truly die?  They have told her if she will renounce Christianity they will not kill her, yet she remains steadfast in her faith.  I want that kind of faith!

I want a faith that is so unwavering that no matter my circumstances I will hold strong to Christ.  Here we have a picture of a modern day disciple who is willing to die for what they believe no  matter what. It is so easy for those of us who live in America to think that we have it rough when it reality I know that Ibrahim would probably love to be in our shoes. 

I don't want to compromise my faith for anything.  I want my heart and faith to burn like a fire that is so bright anyone around me can see the love of Jesus.  I want my girls to grow up with a faith so strong that when they don't know what else to cling to, they will cling to Jesus.  The Lord is teaching me so much about him right now and I continue to discover how much more I want to know.  How much closer I want to be.

I posted their picture and encourage you to save it and each time you see it pray for them.  Pray the Lord would surround them with angels as they fight for not only freedom of religion but for God's glory.  I want to challenge each of you to dig deep and ask God to take your relationship to a whole new level.  Life is a journey and a grand adventure that would be so amazing if we would just pause and allow our Lord to lead us as we discover how to truly take our lives off the beaten path.

No comments:

Post a Comment