Tuesday, November 25, 2014

They are precious in His sight

I am sad this morning.  I am sad for the Wilson family as they struggle to mourn the death of their son.  I am sad for Darren Wilson whose life is forever changed because he had to take a life.  I am sad for the city of Ferguson, where there is so much anger, frustration and hatred.  Having been married to a cop for 10 years I acknowledge that my perspective is different than many others but the one thing I do know is that the goal of the LEO community is peace.  My husband would rather spend his day strolling the streets of Nashville, "Andy Griffith" style every day than deal with the struggles and troubles he must deal with daily.  As I have read many of the posts by the media and the 92 page transcript of all that was said to the Grand Jury.  It all makes my heart hurt.

As I have told my girls our world is broken and it is suffering from a deadly disease called sin.  This sin permeates everything and everyone, there is no escape.  On Sunday I listed to a wonderful sermon called My Crazy Family.  In this sermon Perry Noble talks about how when things go wrong or we make a mistake someone must pay.  Perry paints a beautiful picture of how Jesus was the one who paid for us.

This morning as I am sad I am so very prayerful.  I am prayerful for the people of Ferguson who are angry that they will pause and not bring violence to their anger.  I pray for those in Ferguson who are mourning that the violence would not exacerbate their sadness.  I pray for the City of Ferguson that the LEOs would have calm clear minds to do their jobs and go home at the end of the day.  Most of all I pray that Jesus would be seen in Ferguson and all over today.  That His love would be spread through acts of kindness, forgiveness and healing.

Father in Heaven,

I come before you and lay all of this at your feet.  None of this surprises you for you see all and know all.  I pray you will lay your hand on Ferguson today and cover that city, those people and all involved with your amazing peace and love.  Thank you for Jesus and his sacrifice to pay for our sin when we do not deserve it.  As the children's song says, "red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in your sight..."  I know you love all of us no matter the color, country, race, language or belief.  All are welcome to receive your gift of love and grace.

May your love be seen and shown today, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment