Monday, September 22, 2014

Feeling empty

I am learning the longer we homeschool that there are times I need to get out and spend time with adults.  Last night when we got to church I did not want to go sit and listen to the Romans study, I was desperate for some adult interaction.  So Craig and I decided to sit in the lobby and spend some time just visiting.  A friend Angela came by and also sat down.  I was so excited and had the most wonderful time just sitting and chatting about life, our families, homeschooling and so much more.  I did not realized how empty I was.  Then this morning when I got done with my Jesus time I realized how sad I felt not knowing when I would get the opportunity to do that again.

The Lord intended us to be social and interactive people.  He intends us to fellowship with one another and allow us to encourage and fill each other through encouragement and support.  I am a very naturally social person and I realized that in our goal to pay debt, we have really trimmed our time outside the house.  Yes, there are tons of places to go for free but it is hard to be the Mom in the car on the way home continually saying to my girls..."no we are not buying lunch or no you can't get a treat from Sonic."  By the way this conversation does not change if we pack a lunch that includes treats, the conversation still occurs.

What I love most as I think back on yesterday was how the Lord knew that I needed someone to really chat with and connect with and he sent me someone.  He reminded me that He knows my needs and desires before I do.  Now it is time this homeschool Mom be intentional in finding some time with other friends just to have the opportunity to visit and hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment