Monday, March 16, 2015

Public Fail

"Whether we believe Jesus rose from the dead should cause us to strive to point all people to Jesus."  This statement really struck me as I sat and thought about how I do live my life.  What am I reflecting each day when I teach my girls, when I do my Bible study, when I prepare my Sunday School lesson. 
  
Last night I failed at my reflection.  I was out with several friends having dinner and I made a statement about someone who was not even there.  I said she was a few french fries short of a happy meal.  Then one of the ladies at the table said, "Oh I know her, she is really sweet."  It did not really hit me until I was in my car but then it landed like a ton of bricks.  My words did not reflect kindness.  As I sat at the table talking I let words fly from my mouth that don't belong.  Driving home I realized that all my talking to my girls about their words always reflecting kindness and Jesus was something I did not reflect last night.  It hurt my heart.

When I got home I sent a text to S. who was the friend who said something and apologized for my lack of kindness.  She was so sweet and forgiving telling me she did not take it as a mean statement at all.  I am grateful for that but this morning as I think through it again I realize that if people were at that table who don't know Jesus or me very well then my life did not reflect my Savior. 


Does my life truly reflect my belief in the resurrection or am I living as if it really does not matter at all?  Where is my sense of urgency?  Am I ready if the Lord presents an opportunity to share the love of grace of my Savior?

No comments:

Post a Comment