Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hidden strength

In my 9 years as a police wife I have learned so many things.  I have learned to not watch the evening news or read the media.  They tend to inflate issues and many times are incorrect or missing vial information.  I have learned what the true meaning of trust in other people really is, knowing that each time Craig goes to work I have to trust that the officers on his shift truly do have his back.  Most of all I have had to give my husband back to the Lord and know that being a cop is not a job, it is a calling and ministry for him.  Over the past week or so peoples view regarding the police is sadly declining and horrible things are being said.  Melissa Littles who writes the Police Wife Life blog posted a challenge today and I want to take her up on the challenge.  She challenged LEO wives to post about who our husbands really are so that people would see beyond the badge and uniform to the person who is wearing it.

I have been blessed with a man who cares more for his daughters than anything in this world other than me and his Lord.  He will spend hours putting together all these pink girl toys and castles for presents but then he will also sit with them and build with legos as long as they want to.  He wants to expand their horizons and challenge their thinking.  He wants to raise girls who are not victims but are empowered, strong and independent.  Most of all he wants our girls to love Jesus, have a solid moral compass and hearts to put others before themselves.






 As I look back over the years with our family I am amazed at how blessed we truly are.  He is our protector and our strength.  He is the calm one when I am worried or scared.  He brings me back to focus when my emotions are just getting beyond me and most of all he loves us.  He loves us BIG!

Do I worry when he goes on shift, sometimes I do but I have learned to trust him and trust his training.  I have learned to trust that his #1 goal is to come home each and every day.  I am amazed at how he considers his job a ministry and calling.  He strives to not be a hot head but walk into situations with focus and understanding, however, having heard what I call his "cop voice" when he is unsure about a situation he takes nothing for granted and with him, trust is earned.

So when you read the news or get angry at a cop for writing you a ticket you know you deserve. (I used to get mad too...and I deserved all of my tickets)  Remember that not only Craig's goal but the goal of all the officers out there is not to write tickets to tick you off but to keep the streets and cities safe for our families.  Part of that job is tickets, part of that job is dealing with domestic disputes, robberies, burglaries, accidents, shots fired calls, crazy people calls and so much more.  If you pause and think about it most people do not say, "boy, I want that job".  However, when you talk to a cop most will tell you it is not a job, it is a calling.

So here is a picture of the man I love and am so honored that God gave him to me.  May the Lord protect all our officers out there not just in Nashville but nation wide.  Please pray for them for each of them have families who want them to come home at the end of each and every shift.

Blessings to all our family and friends blood and blue!



No comments:

Post a Comment