Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Exiting the freeway now

How many times in our lives do we allow outside influences to steer our decisions and choices.  I know for me I can be easily influenced by what my friends think, by what the people at church think, or by what is trending in society.  It is easy for us to say that we don't ever allow these things to have a major influence on our lives and that only Jesus is our true influence, but in my experience that is only denying all that bombards us each day.  I am learning that for me it takes a daily, conscious effort and committing my actions to the Lord to keep those influences from overtaking me.

The past 5 years I have written on another blog called "Walking Daily". I started it because I have a love for writing, I have a ton of words and it allowed me to share my heart and all the Lord was teaching me.  My goal of that blog was to talk about making the most out of this journey we call life, because you see it is a journey.  Then in February, I really felt the Lord telling me it was time to leave that blog and place my focus on my family, my writing and homeschooling.  I thought this would be an easy transition...not exactly.  I have spent the past month in a half finding myself wanting to blog about the new adventures our family is taking, about exciting new things I am learning from the Lord, about struggles I am having and no one to tell them to.  I have tried to switch back to regular journaling but realized that it does not feed my heart and soul in the same way.  My blog puts it all out there, it is my way to allow the Lord to minister to others through my crazy life.  When I tried to return to my old blog I realized that in the past little while the Lord is changed my focus, over the past couple of years he has changed my desires, which is where the birth of this new blog has come from.

Welcome to Learning to Live Off the Beaten Path!

My desire of this blog is to begin sharing my heart of limiting the outside influences of the world on my life.  Taking my choices, desires, hopes and dreams off the crazy freeway of life and move them off the beaten path where the Lord can teach and mold me.  When we are willing to step out of what is usual, what "everybody" else is doing and quiet our lives then it is amazing what the Lord has to teach and say to us.  So I invite you to join me as I strive to take my life and the life of my family off the beaten path to explore all the adventures the Lord has before us.


No comments:

Post a Comment