Monday, April 13, 2015

The Joy of Slowing Down

It is amazing how you can get so swept up in the schedules we all have and forget to truly slow down. This past week we went to my in-laws to spend some time.  They live in a little country house and have around 200 acres of land.  My favorite part is it is out in the country and even though there are neighbors relatively close, you can't see them or hear them.  We are surrounded my beautiful tree lines and lovely open spaces.  Many morning I woke up to this being my view.

What I love most about being in the country is it forces us to slow down and unplug.  Now that being said, my father in-law has put a wifi connection out in the barn.  It made it fun because I was able to plug the Ipod into speakers and turn on Pandora.  We would sit outside with our bonfire and enjoy chatting, reading and just being together.  This was our fire. By the end of the week this syrup pot was full of ash.  It is one of my favorite things to do because we just hang out spending time together.   
However my girls were blessed that their Uncle and Poppy helped them with a special project.  They made American Girl Doll beds.  I found the the instructions on Pintrest here.  I have no words for how wonderful the beds are and they are really sturdy so I know they will last for years to come.  Here are some great pics of that adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment